After the end of each day’s diving, complete the following to maintain your equipment. Your instructor will demonstrate the maintenance steps while following the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Rinse the complete diving unit in fresh water. Wash the cylinder valve. (It is best done when the equipment is still fully assembled.)
- Strip the equipment down, and cover the first stage with the dust cap. This is to prevent water entering the first stage.
- Wash the complete regulator set with clean fresh water.
- Wash all the other equipment, including PDCs, cameras, wetsuits, mask, fins, booties etc.
- Hang up equipment to dry, out of the sun. Protect them against the environment. Warm moist places will promote bacterial growth.
- Refill the cylinder. Or for long storage, leave only 30 bar/500 psi pressure in the cylinder.
- Store electronics out of the sun and in a dry environment. Expose them to normal air.